Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

I'm The Fat Girl....

I'm tired of being the fat girl in my world.  I've battled my weight since middle school.  In 8th grade my parents and I joined Jenny Craig.  I lost weight...I couldn't tell you how much, but it was absolutely effective in shedding the pounds...just can't say it did me any good in the whole lifestyle change.  Once I graduated back to real food (as opposed to their pre-packaged meals), I slowly started packing the weight back on.

Fast forward to my senior year.  I had enormous boobs!!  I wanted a breast reduction the way my kids now want an i-pad.  In order for my insurance to cover the surgery, I had to lose some weight to prove that my "melons" were not the result of weight gain.  I lost 40 lbs...and not even an inch from my bra size.  Wish granted!!!

Then came love, marriage, baby carriage and divorce...and all the sudden I was 207 pound, single mom.  I was a wreck.  I went to the doctor.  He put me on anti-depressants and prescribed phentermine (also known as adipex).  The weight was melting off me...and I'd never been happier.  I got down to 150 and a size 8.  Not only did it curb my appetite, but it also gave me tons of energy.  I worked out 4-5 times a week.  Eventually I came off the meds and still continued to exercise, but my eating habits weren't great.

Then one thing led to another...I got really sick, I quit smoking, I fell down the stairs and broke my back.  And I've just never been able to find the motivation to get back into shape.  I honestly have no idea how much I weigh right now...but I'm willing to guess it's more than 207 (my heaviest post-pregnancy weight).

Last week, my 13 year old daughter went shopping in my closet...and found all of my cute skinny girl clothes and not only did they fit her...but she STOLE them!!!  That was the last straw!!  My oldest daughter is now the size I was at my smallest...and I want her to stay that size.  Plus her sister is on the verge of having a very volatile relationship with food.  It's time for me to change!!!

I've been thinking for a while now about how I can motivate myself.  I've been doing some online research on vitamins, diets, exercises, etc.  I've decided that if I share my story and my struggles and hopefully my successes here...I'll be more accountable to myself and my readers for my actions.  So here we go... 

8 comments:

  1. best first post ever! go girl! go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely an awesome first post! Good luck! I'll be your cheerleader :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! What an awesome idea. Good luck on your journey! I'm sure you'll do great! Keep posting! I'm your newest follower from the Mommy Brain Mixer. Would love it if you stopped by my blog.
    Laura
    www.strollerparkingonly.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! First of all, good for you for wanting to make a change for yourself as well as your daughters. Dieting and exercise is never easy, but it is a life style change for you that is actually going to make a difference for you and work. I can't wait to see how you do! By the way, I'm a Beach Body Coach (think P90X, Insanity infomercials...I know what you are thinking..you aren't ready for those...) however, if you ever want any more info on nutrition ideas or some different at home fitness routines, I can give you some recommendations! I look forward to seeing your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don´t know what advice I could give you...keeping a healthy lifestyle is not easy, even when we have "normal" weight.
    Keep going, you'll make it, for you and your girls!=)

    http://dailylivingingeneva.blogspot.ch/

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you are on twitter I'd love for you to follow me and I'll follow back. It is a great way to connect and try to keep up with others/motivate them. I do this with scripture reading with a twitter friend. It's great! Hang in there. You are doing a great thing for your health! :) When you feel weak, I suggest checking out a Netflix documentary on food....such as Food Inc. or Forks over Knives. Knowledge is power.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh just dropping in and found you. Oh yes, I want to follow along. I so need to get motivated. I am signing up for email so I don't miss a post. Now I am on to read the next post.

    ReplyDelete